Achievements

July 31, 2011

Fanatical About Botanical - Moxie Fab Challenge

Hi,

Today i have a card for Moxie Fab's Fanatical About Botanical Challenge. I was at Hobby Lobby and found some great butterfly paper, that i though would be great for this challenge. At first i was stumped as how to make this card, i didn't want to cover up the butterflies with layers of paper or stamped focal images. But then i thought about doing some fussy cutting just might work.



After deciding on the card size, i cut the pattern paper to size. Then i found the same butterflies on my left overs and second page. I cut each one out and adhered them with pop up dots over the same butterfly on my card. Then i trimmed the butterflies that hung over the edge.

I'm sorry for the next 2 photos. I lost all the butterfly patterns when i tried to bright these 2 photos.



In the bottom left i placed a small butterfly i got from the flower arranging section, over one of the butterflies on the pattern paper. I took out the wire piece that came with butterfly, and just adhered it to the card.



I used a piece of kraft card stock and stamped the sentiment flutter by friend in a distress ink and adhered this to the right of the butterfly.

Thanks for stopping in!!

Dana

Supplies:
Pattern Paper: Glitz Design, Hazel
Butterfly: OKC, Woodland Wonders
Stamps: Papertrey Ink, Flutter by Friend
Ink: Tim Holtz
Kraft: The Paper Studio

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dana! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete