Achievements

July 19, 2011

Summer Card Camp - Color Combo - Week 4

Hello,

Today i have a card for Summer Card Camp Color Combo. This weeks colors were hard! I think i got pretty close, but i know its not right on. But i like the card regardless!

I wanted to use white embossing powder and watercolor paper i had, but after trying a few things, nothing was looking good. So i thought why not try it with black instead of white. And i really like the look!



I used a typewriter from Heidi Grace and embossed it in black. Then i used water color crayons to get my greens and blues. Then i cut it out. I then looked through my pattern paper and found the diamond pattern paper and the periodic table paper. Both were in the blue/green colors, plus the periodic table is nice and nerdy!



After getting my pattern paper set, i needed a sentiment, but i don;t have any that would go with a typewriter, so i used some old rub on letters. I did these on white cardstock and cut out and adhered them to a die cut rectangle. Then for the word Type, i used a bigger rub-on alphabet, put this on textured paper and tore it to size.

I felt i still need a little bit more green then what was in the typewriter so i found some that went nicely with my pattern paper from my scrap bin. Every bright green i tried to use, just clashed with the pattern paper, so i just went with the green that went with the pattern paper.

Thanks for stopping by!

Dana

Supplies:
Cardstock: Unknown
Pattern paper: MME and Jillibean Soup
Stamp: Heidi Grace
Embossing powder: Joanns
Watercolors: Caran d'Ache

2 comments:

  1. love your combinations of paper, fonts, and the typewriter! great card for a man too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome card with so many cool references. Great colors, great design. I'm enjoying browsing your site, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete