Achievements

August 13, 2011

Peacock Bookmark

Hello,

Today i have a bookmark/card that i made for a friend and coworker. You can find the Bachelorette card (also featuring peacock feathers) here. This card was for her bridal shower at work. All the girls at work brought a dish and we gathered around the conference table enjoying good food and talk. After eating the to be bride opened her gifts. We all had a great time and the bride got lots of goodies!


When i sat down to make this card, i was going to go clean and simple.... but as you can see it didn;t turn out that way. With her other card i went with bright colors, but this one i wanted something more natural, so i went with browns, with just a little pop of color.


I made bookmark first then trimmed another layer. I used Tim Holtz distress ink to stamp the peacock feather, sentiment and edges. I colored the peacock with colored pencils. Then to achieve the crackle look, i stamped the area over the feather with versamark and used clear embossing powder. I did this 4 times. Then i bent the bookmark to crack the embossing. I rubbed more ink into the cracks.


I threaded some gold toned ribbon through the top and tied it with twine. I then added a few specks around the sentiment to make it more imperfect.



I used some pattern kraft cardstock to make the card. Using a notch tool i made little notches to hold the bookmark. I stamped Congrats on the inside.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampendous: Peacock feather. Papertrey Ink: Congrats All the Way
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Pattern Paper: My Minds Eye
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink, Rustic White
Ribbon: May Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment