Achievements

April 1, 2012

CAS-ual Friday & Bits and Pieces #14

Hello!!

I have a card for this week CAS-ual Friday Challenge and a project for my Sunday's Bits & Pieces. For my CAS card i did use a scrap piece of cardstock, so i could have used that for Bits & Pieces, but using just a scrap is pretty easy! So i dug deeper and found a couple things to use, but i'll go into details a little further down.


First is my card for CAS-ual Friday's weekly challenge. The challenge was to be inspired by a song in some way. It took me a little while, but i was doing errands yesterday and the radio had Kelly Clarkson's Stronger playing and then it clicked! I used Paper Smooches Hope set.



I stamped the boxing gloves on textured pink cardstock and cut them out. Then i threaded some black string in the same place the gloves ties are stamped. I made sure i ended with both tales on the wrong side. I gathered the loose tales and tied  a small knot.



I adhered the gloves to the card with pop up dots and then added a touch of glue under the knot and trimmed the excess. Next i stamped the sentiment 'I am awed by your.' I masked off the 'courage' part of the stamp. Instead of courage i wanted strength, so i spelled it out with small alpha stickers.


For my next project i found in my scrap drawer a small quilled strawberry and a die cut & stamped strawberry. I had already planned on incorporating come clear transparencies because i have a lot of these left over from stamp packaging and i want to use some of it up!



So to start with i stamped a grid background with versamark and embossed it with clear kaleidoscope powder. Then i die cut 6 square shapes.



On the smooth side i adhered glitter alphabet stickers to each square. On the 6th square i adhered the die cut strawberry with pop up dots and glued on the quilled strawberry. I punch 2 tiny wholes on each square and threaded twine through each hole.



Below i took a picture of the banner in a black tray, this shows the embossed grid better!



Have a great Sunday!

Dana

Supplies:
Stamps: PaperSmooches: Hope.
Stickers: Authentique & American Crafts
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink: Rustic White

9 comments:

  1. Such a great card, the thread is a fantastic addition. Thanks for joining the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to ink up the boxing gloves in that set - must do it now! I love how you laced them up - that's so clever :)
    And of course I {heart} the quilled strawberry! Awesome upcycling of your acetate too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that you laced the gloves...cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects. So happy to be working with you on the Hampton Art team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dana - just introducing myself! Congratulations on the DT! We'll be working together at Hampton Art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! You really nailed the song :) Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant take on the song challenge. WOW.
    Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dana, congrats on your VIP spot at CASual Fridays ....love the laced up gloves!
    Great song choice and so well illustrated too :0)
    Just a looksie back through your posts.....love your cards, you have a great style :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous design brain you have! Congratulations on your V.I.P. status at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete