Achievements

April 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink April Blog Hop

Hello,
Today is Papertrey Ink’s Blog Hop and this month they have another inspiration photo:

Blog hop inspiration

 I drew my inspiration from the patterns and not the colors. Pink & blue are my least favorite colors, so I went instead with my favorite colors orange, green & purple.


I used several stamps to make the different patterns similar to the photo. I started with some cardstock strips and stamped one with a poke-a-dot pattern, one with a damask pattern, one with a zigzag (instead of the stripe in the photo, didn’t have a stripe stamp but I will to remedy this! lol ) and another in a flowery pattern.


 Once these were stamped I made my card from cardstock. Then I trimmed each strip so I could get each on my card. After I liked the placement and order, I stamped the sentiment in between two of the strips and wrapped some cream twine around the card. Last I inked the edges of each strip and adhered them to the card front.


Thanks for stopping by!
Dana

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink: Simply Jane, Background Basics: Postmarks, Asian Fusion. Hampton Art: Blooming Memories American Crafts: Hello There
Ink: Papertrey Ink: Winter Wisteria, Orange Zest, New Leaf, Smokey Shadow. Ranger: Frayed Burlap
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink: Rustic White
Twine: May Arts

20 comments:

  1. Pretty card, Dana. ) I love how you created all the stamped strips/borders for your card (and the colors). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun assortment of stamped panels! Pretty card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic stamping and combination of patterns, Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the patterns you created and the design is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your totally individual take on the inspiration! The panels are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! The popped up panels are a brilliant idea! Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dana, your card is beautiful, I love that you stamped each of the strips. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your card is definitely a WOW !
    I'll be back later for another look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so lovely! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - this shows a lot of pretty work and the end result is terrific.

    http://ancema.dk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the challenge! I love the colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice, Dana! I like the way you created your stripes of patterns. And although you didn't use pink and blue, I think your card fits perfectly with the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. I love how you made your own patterns, and chose colors that you love. Very smart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors you have chosen to make your card! Pretty patterns made with your stamps for the panels.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your stamped panels have such vibrant colours and patterns. Great take on the photo inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love it!! so pretty! i love all your different patterns!! pefect

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the combination of patterns and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Great stamping and colors! Love your take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete