Achievements

August 9, 2012

Make It Monday #77 - Inkpads as Watercolors

Hello!

I have ornament i made for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday. The technique is using PTI's ink pads as watercolors. This is a favorite technique of mine, so i had to play along!

I started with a santa image, coloring it with PTI inks. Then i cut him out. I used a PTI die and cut some chipboard. I also cut some pattern paper to top the chipboard with.


I stamped the sentiment with black ink. Added the santa with pop dots. I happened to have a PTI button left over from the Stamp-a-faire, it happened to match the pattern paper i found.



I topped the button with a twine bow and adhered it to the top of the ornament.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies: (Papertrey Ink, unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Tremendous Treats - Christmas, Holiday Lights
Ink: Pure Poppy, Smoky Shadow, New Leaf
Button
Twine: May Arts
Glitter Glue: Ranger Stickles
Pattern Paper: My Minds Eye

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an adorable tag!!! might need to make some of these for holiday gifts! cute colors and layout. I love the button too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Complete & total cuteness! LOVE that little dancy Santa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely adorable! I love the green chevron background and tag shape. perfect compliment to santa's roundness :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, how cute is he?! I love him paired with the chevrons. Really cute tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's so cute! I love seeing lime green instead of the traditional green for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete