Achievements

October 4, 2013

Sweet Stamp Shop - Die Cut Embossing Technique

Hey everyone!

Today i have a Get Bloggin' post up on Sweet Stamp Shop Blog and i'm talking about Blog Content Tips & Tricks. I hope you will stop by and take a look! If you are stopping here from SSS blog, howdy! Nice to have you!! In my post today i am featuring a Sweet Stamp Shop stamp and the Die Cut Embossing Technique. I'm also submitting this card to Moxie Fab World - All That Glitters is Gold Challenge.

Ever since i saw the die cut embossing technique at Jennifer McGuire's Online Card Class, i new i had to give it a try! To start i die cut several small star's. Then i inked each one with watermark ink and with tweezers, dipped them into a pile of gold embossing powder. I used tweezers also when i heated the embossing powder.

Sweet Stamp Shop - Die Cut Embossing Technique

To melt the embossing powder over the entire star, i held the star, in the tweezers, with one point between the tweezers pointers, rather then the paper between the tweezers. (hopefully this makes since, lol)

After the first layer i did another layer of embossing powder, this made the embossing powder nice and smooth. I also used watercolor paper as it is thicker then my cardstock and held up nicely with embossing powder on top of it. Isn;t this die cut embossing technique neat?!?!

Sweet Stamp Shop - Die Cut Embossing Technique

Make sure you die cut a few extra! I had one fly away somewhere where it will never be seen again!! (aka the floor! LOL)

Sweet Stamp Shop - Die Cut Embossing Technique

Next i trimmed some red and white pattern paper and adhered it to my Kraft cardbase. Then i adhered a strip of red pattern paper. I adhered the gold stars, some with foam tape and last stamped my sentiment.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed learning about the die cut embossing technique and i hope you will stop by Sweet Stamp Shop's blog today and check out my Blog Content Tips & Tricks post!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop - Holiday Sentiments
Die: Simon Says Stamp
Ink: Versamark Ink, Ranger Distress Ink - Black Soot
Embossing Powder: Stampendous - Champagne
Pattern Paper: Authentique Collection - Lovely, Valentine. Teresa Collins - Stationary, Noted Music Paper

5 comments:

  1. The stars look fantastic! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I need to get some tweezers like yours! I usually use an old embossing stylus to hang on to the little stuff, and omg, I have to cut at least twice as many as I need. My floor is super embellished :) So is my dog usually. I love how the gold pops against the red & kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning! i love the gold stars! PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dana! Thanks for linking this up to the All That Glitters is Gold challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete