Achievements

March 4, 2014

Happy Thoughts

Hello!!

Well i'm sooo ready for spring!! I just recently picked up the cutest sandals and i so so want to wear them!!! But..... it snowed this weekend, there's still about 10 inches on the ground, were still getting temps below zero....... i am soooo ready for spring!! :)

And to help convince Mother Nature to bring spring back around i made a sweet and fresh card for the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Perfectly Peach! I love the bright white, pink, peachy with a touch of green in the photo!! I also went a little literal by included a few peaches in my card!!


I started with the background first, the picture has a lot of white and grey so i pulled out a stencil and placed it over a white card base. I don't have any grey ink spray or paint so i made my own paint with white and black acrylic paint. I first smeared a few areas with the grey, then i added just white to the remaining areas. As i scraped off the extra it mixed/smeared with the grey!! I really love how it turn out!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

While the background dried, i pulled out some whitewashed cardstock and border punch. After it was punched i used sandpaper to bring out the peachy color of the cardstock. Next i pulled out several pattern papers and stamp the peach from The Alley Way Stamps Tooty Fruity set. I cut them out and paper pierced the stems and leafs with green and brown cardstock.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I layered the border over my cardbase and added the peaches with foam tape. I stamped the sentiment Happy Thoughts from the TAWS set Speak Easy and added a tiny minty button. I notched the end and added it to my card base.

I just love how it turn out!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps - Tooty Fruity, Speak Easy
Stencil: DCWV
Cardstock: Core'dinations - Whitewash Collection
Punch: Martha Stewart
Ink: PTI - True Black
Pattern Paper: American Crafts - Dear Lizzy Neapolitan

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet card Dana. Those peaches are perfect. Love the pretty prints on the papers and the textured background. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Color Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the background turned out and loving the piecing and stitching, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty - I love the row of fruit in different patterns! I'm so ready for spring too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly pretty peaches, Dana, and the silvery background showcases them wonderfully! Your sentiment is a success: you've got me thinking happy thoughts!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great BG and love the paper pieced peaches :) Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete