Achievements

August 11, 2014

Birthday Girl

Hi there!!!

I'm sharing another card from my card pile!! This was a just because card, i really love how it turned out!!

I started by placing polka-dot stencil over a red card base. I used a white colored pencil to color in the dots, i randomly skipped a dots here and their. When i lifted the stencil i realized it wasn't really random i ended up with a pattern anyways! But i like it anyway!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black
Next i stamped the sweet little girl holding a present from Penny Black Cake & Wishes stamp set. I stamped her on some watercolor paper with Memento black ink. Next i lightly colored the girl and present with Inktense watercolor pencils, then i used the Copic colorless blender to spread the pencil. Note: It does stain your Copic numb!

Once she was all colored i placed her in my paper trimmer and just trimmed the paper until i reached the stamped image. I did this from the bottom and the top, next i cut her out only on the right side.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black

I placed the girl over my card base, at the left side, adhering her with foam dots. Last i stamped the sentiment on the polka-dot part of my card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Penny Black - Cake & Wishes
Ink: Versafine - Black, Memento - Black
Stencil: Heidi Swapp
Copic Colorless Blender
Inktence Watercolor Pencils

3 comments:

  1. She is so cute! I just love this image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another sweet image that you've brought to life with your colouring! And that "random" polka dot stenciled paper is a charming addition. I've tried 'random' stamping/stenciling, too...and it always winds up un-random! Too funny!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too with the un-random :) I love the fun soft look of the colouring on this card, and those rosy cheeks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete