Achievements

February 5, 2015

For You Deer Friend

Hello!!

Its been a little quite around here i know! I've had a couple real full days and have 2 tests next week so i will be hitting the books a little harder the rest of the week (but don't worry i will get in the craft room too!!) :) Today i have a card to share with you that i made for The Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge. This is the photo inspiration:

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps
I started with The Alley Way Stamps Spotted stamp set. The set has a dotted chevron stamp and i thought it would be great since the photo has a chevron thing going on. I used black and red pigment ink to stamp my background. I stared with one color in the middle of a white background, cleaned the stamped and then was able to stamp twice with the new color above and below my first color. This speeds the process up so you don;t have to go back and forth between each color.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

Next i stamped the super cute deer from The Alley Way Stamps new Stumped set. I colored him with some distress markers and cut him out.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

Then i went through my extra's bin and found a pre-cut red circle and pink heart. They both went great with my red and black background. I added both to my card base with foam dots and then added the deer. Last i added a few black and red sequins to the card.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps
Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps - Stumped, Spotted
Distress Markers: Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Gathered Twigs, Brushed Corduroy, Antique Linen
Sequins: Neat & Tangled - Winter Wonderland Mix, Black

 

7 comments:

  1. Perfect stamping on that background, and love that sweet deer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a fantastic background! Your deer is wonderful with the pink and red shapes to ground him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card Dana. Love the sweet deer and the coloring. The background paper is awesome. Thank you for playing along with us at Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH YES! The background is absolutely perfect - and that sweet little deer, awwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow and tests? Double ughhh! Your card has me smiling all over my face, my friend! Fabulous background you've designed, and that little deer? Seriously adorable! You've translated the inspiration photo into an incredibly sweet card! Happy studying *grin*!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sweet and excellent stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally fun BG paper and adore the deer image. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete