Achievements

October 14, 2015

Peek A Boooo

Hello!

I'm on the Art Impressions blog today with a Halloween card featuring the new Pumpkin Spinner! I just love the little kitty peek out of the pumpkin!

I started with some watercolor paper and stamped both the front and back of the spinner. Then i used my distress markers to color them. I fussy cut them out and ran them through my sticker machine. I added some white thread in between the front and back.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
For the background i did the smooching technique, only this time i did each color separately, rather then fill my big clear block with a few colors and add water (why i didn;t think to do this before, i don't know!!). Once the background was dry i die cut a circle from it and a white card base. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

I added adhesive to the card base and added the sinner (make sure it spins ok!), then i adhered the watercolor panel over the white card base. Next i cut a black circle border and adhered it to the circle. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

For the inside i adhered a piece of black card stock. On a strip of white card stock i stamped the sentiment. Before adhering the strip i cut one end, curved so you couldn;t see it from the front.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Dana

3 comments:

  1. I love your water coloring and what a great image for a spinner! Great technique with your smooshing, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You create the most fabulous backgrounds with your water-colouring and this one...fantastic! Your spinner kitty-in-the-pumpkin is charming! Peek-a-boo perfect!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete