Achievements

May 17, 2016

Best Wishes

Hello!!

I'm stopping in with a card today using a new stamp I picked up at scrapbook show that came through town a couple weeks ago! I picked up quite a few stamps, more then I really need, but it's nice to have all these different stamps in once place!! And of course no shipping charge!! :) I picked up a couple Penny Black stamps and my card today features the Poppy Gems stamp.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black
I started by stamping the poppies in brown in on watercolor card stock. Then I used some Prima Watercolors to color them, all from the Decadent Pies set.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black

 I tend to be heavy handed when I watercolor with real paints (verses distress markers or inks). I also have a hard time waiting for each layers to dry. You are probably thinking that's what an heat gun is for, but mine is on the other side of the room and I'm too lazy to keep getting up to blast my paper with some heat!!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black

When I was finally done messing with color, I waited awhile and then used the same colors to flick some blotches all over the panel. Then I stamped the sentiment from the Special Wishes stamp set. Last I added a few sequins and mounted the panel on a white card base.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Penny Black - Poppy Gems, Special Wishes
Watercolors: Prima - Decadent Pies
Sequins: Neat & Tangled Fall Festive Mix

1 comment: