Achievements

August 29, 2016

Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens and Embossing Paste

Hello!

I have a little peek  today of a new die from Crafter's Companion that will be available tomorrow on HSN!! Well, I actually didn't use the actual die cut on my card instead I used it as a stencil.
Dana Warren -Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion
First, I used the Die'sire Create a Card Garden Party die and just cut it from some card stock. With some washi tape to hold it in place, I put the die cut over a white card base.

Dana Warren -Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

Next I mixed up some white embossing paste with Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen - Soft Jade. The more pen ink you add, the darker the color will be. With a pallet knife I added the embossing paste to my die cut stencil. I scraped up the excess and carefully peeled way the die cut and threw it away. To make your 'stencil' reusable, use the die with a sheet of stencil material!

Dana Warren -Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

I'd like to note that this was the first time I have added SN's Sparkle Pens to embossing paste. The paste dilutes the pen ink so there really wasn't much sparkle. But, next time I'm going to try adding the clear sparkle pen and another color to see if enough of the clear will make the paste sparkle!! So stay tuned!!

Dana Warren -Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

While the embossing paste was drying, I stamped several of the flower from Sheena Douglass A Taste of India, Mandala and Henna stamp sets. I used Sparkle Pens Harvest Moon, Rose Quartz, Soft Jade and Fig  to color the flowers. Then I used some sharp scissors to fussy cut out the flowers and leafs.
Dana Warren -Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

With liquid adhesive I added the flowers to my card and added a few white sequins. From the Kimono - Lotus Flower set I used a Friends sentiment and stamped it above the dried embossing paste.

Thanks so much for stopping by!! I hope you will stop by HSN this Tuesday and check out all the great new products that will be available from Crafter's Companion!!

Dana

Supplies
Dies: Die'sire Create A Card - Garden Party
Stamps: Kimono - Lotus Flower. Sheena Douglass A Taste of India: Mandala, Henna
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen: Soft Jade, Fig, Harvest Moon, Rose Quartz
Embossing Paste: Wendy Vecchi White (Soft Jade was added to the paste)
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh - Sweet Pea Mix

2 comments:

  1. WOW, Dana! Your embossing, colouring and sparkle...blown away! Gorgeous card! Looking forward to the 'big reveal' tomorrow!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete