Achievements

January 21, 2017

Stippling with Distress Markers

Hello,

Today I am sharing a card I made for MFT Color Challenge #61. I was making some cards for fun and went looking for a challenge and I liked the colors in the MFT Color Challenge!


Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - My Favorite Things
I started with the Cat-itude stamp set, inking up one of the cats, dish, and fish. I stamped them on watercolor cardstock. I used Distress Markers to give each of the images a light wash of color. Ripe Persimmon, Abanded Coral, Pumice Stone, Tumbled Glass.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - My Favorite Things

When the watercolor was dry I used the fine point of the markers to stipple more color and shading in each of the images. Then I fussy cut out each image.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - My Favorite Things

For a background, I placed MFT's Scattered Bars stencil across a white card base. Then using the same colors above I stippled inside some of the bars.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - My Favorite Things
I placed a strip of gray cardstock across the card and then added the images with foam tape. Last I stamped the Thank You for Being There When I Kneaded You sentiment below the gray strip.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamp: My Favorite Things - Cat-itude
Stencil: My Favorite Things - Scattered Bars
Distress Markers

2 comments:

  1. Really love how you used the stencil with the stippling, love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stippling and that stencil makes awesome wallpaper too :)

    ReplyDelete