Achievements

December 29, 2012

AEI(heart)U Challenge #1

Hello!!

So have you heard of a new stamp company called Avery Elle? Well IF you haven't be sure to check them out! I've had my eye on them and was lucky to receive a set from my Secret Santa this holiday.

The challenge at AE (which is there 1st challenge too!!) is to make a project that sums up your crafty style. And to tell you the truth i'm not sure what my style is, i pretty much do a little of everything! I like to do CAS, vintage, lots of layers, coloring or even make a card with no stamping!! lol

So i made 2 cards, one CAS, the other a bit more complicated with some layers and stamping, with a vintage vibe!

First up is the CAS card. I also received an awesome Memory Box die from my Secret Santa so first i die cut the flowers from white cardstock, then i thought i would try something a little different.


I adhered the die cut panel to a transparency with pop up dots. Then i used some glitter glue and to fill in the flowers and stems. I used blues and a purple for the flowers and used a toothpick to help blend the two colors. It turned out pretty good!


Next i stamped the frame multiple times on a strip of paper. Then i stamped the sentiment in each frame, masking and stamping each line. I adhered the strip along the flower panel.


For my next card i used a pattern paper scrap, cut it to size, then stamped the frame several times on the paper. After stamping i also moved the frame a little and stamped again. Gives each frame a shadow.


I stamped the Way to Go sentiment in one of the frames, stamping again right after to get a shadow. Then i used the flowers from the card above and placed them in the remaining frames. Next i added some gold glitter ribbon to three of the frames.


So that's it so far, i'm having fun playing with my new Avery Elle stamps! I'm sure i'll be making more cards with these stamps!! The challenge is open until January 4th, so i hope you play along too! If you don;t have their stamps they have a free digi stamp to use for the challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!

Dana

Supplies:
Stamps: Avery Elle: Framed Fonts
Pattern Paper: Authentique Paper: Peaceful
Ink: PTI: Smokey Shadow, Spring Rain
Die: Memory Box - Prim Poppy
Glitter Glue: Stickles



4 comments:

  1. Good thing we don't have to pick a favourite! These are both awesome, Dana, and so very different. Isn't it funny how hard it can be to choose our own 'signature' style?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how you can create two different looks with the same images. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana both of your cards are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! both cards are stunning, but #2 had me drooling!

    ReplyDelete