Achievements

June 29, 2013

Orange Butterfly

Hi there!

Today i have a card featuring some Stampcow stamps and Craftpon buttons. Stampcow stamps are wood mounted and roughly 1.5 by 1.5. I have been having fun inking up these stamps!



I started with some orange cardstock made a cardbase and die cut a long label shape. I stamped the grass image from Stampcow with watermark ink on my cardbase and used the die cut to hide some of the grass, my thinking is it now dosen;t really look like grass, but a cool border.


I stamped the butterfly from Stampcow with a dark orange ink on the die cut and used a glitter marker to color in the wings, its a little hard to see in the pictures, but there is some sparkle!


At the bottom of the die cut i used  coconut wooden heart buttons from Craftpon. They have a great selection of crafty supplies including buttons, charms, washi tape, beads and embellishments.

I tied some twine in a bow to the button and adhered it to the die cut. I added the die cut to the cardbase with pop up dots.


I didn't add a sentiment to the front, there isn;t really a good spot for one. I figured i would stamp a sentiment to the inside depending on the occasion that comes up!


Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back in a tomorrow with some more Craftpon goodies to share!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Stampcow: Butterfly B00071, Grass B00052
Buttons Craftpon: Coconut Wooden Heart 10000194-010
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Orange Zest
Ink: Papertrey Ink - Canyon Clay. Versamark - Watermark
Twine: May Arts


4 comments:

  1. Popped in to say hi, Dana! :) Hello, orange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bright and yet so subtle! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the tone-on-tone & the bright orange! And what a great way to stretch the stamps - it totally doesn't look like grass any more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love that coconut button! Orange is underused in our crafty world and I love how you've featured here...expertly done as usual my friend!

    ReplyDelete