Achievements

August 6, 2013

Hey, Cutie Pie!



Hi!

Today i have a card for Sweet Stamp Shop's Use What You Have Challenge. I almost missed this weeks challenge i thought i already did a post for it, but i soon realized i hadn't even taken pictures of the card yet! You have until tonight to play along, so get hopping!! LOL



I wanted to use the Spectacle stamp set and i had the perfect chipboard shape in my stash of embellishments. I need to take a new photo of my embellishment stash, this picture was when it was on the floor, its now in a new container and on a shelf!



I started with a kraft cardbase and and stamped the big glasses with grey ink all over the cardbase. Next i used a kraft die cut that was on my table already. I stamped the sentiment Hey, cutie pie! in black ink.

Then because the die cut was getting a little lost with kraft on kraft, i used a black pen and drew lines around the edge of the shape.  I also added a stripe of vellum (also just hanging out on my desk!) This helped break up the busy background. I added some rhinestones at the top and bottom of the vellum.


For my chipboard eyeglass i used some black ink spray, to get the insides and edges i used tweezers and sprayed all the sides nice and good. (while my spray was out i also did 2 other eyeglasses to use in the future!) Last i adhered the eyeglass to my die cut and adhere that to my cardbase with foam tape!

I have more cards on The Card Kitchen Blog today, make sure you check it out!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop - Spectacle
Ink: Hero Arts - Soft Grey. Papertrey Ink: Black
Ink Spray - Heidi Swapp - Black
Cardstock & Vellum - The Paper Studio
Rhinestone & Chipboard - Recollections

4 comments:

  1. Love those glasses! Perfect for the card, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, working ahead even! I have got to do that - multiples at a time while I've already got the stuff out. I love this sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is a fun card! As a specs wearer - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. eek! so cute...a perfect masculine design :)

    ReplyDelete