Achievements

January 8, 2014

School

Hey there!!

I love winter and snow... i do NOT love a -39 windchill!! That was yesterday after 17 inches of snow!! Its a little better today and by Saturday it will be 38!! Yep and a little bit of rain!! I wish it would just stay cold, like 30 all winter long, i don;t like the up and down!!

But anyway since i've been staying in (other then snow blowing or shoveling of course!) i've made a few cards! Since receiving more Distress Markers for Christmas i have been in a major coloring mood!



I did this card for Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge - Anything Goes and CAS-ual Friday - In a Word challenge. The In a Word challenge is a word to describe what you hope for the year. My word - School. I will be applying for a 2 year program this spring, if i get in and complete the program i will finally have my bachelor's degree, but for me its so much more then that, it will mean i will have a super good paying job, job security, health insurance and financial security after the student loans are paid off.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I created a background using several stamps from Paper Smooches Smarty Pants set. I stamped them on a journaling card then trimmed off a portion of that card. I added a little paper clip and then adhered it to my card base with foam tape.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I then used some alpha stickers to spell out Good Luck at School. This would be a perfect card for any student at any time in their academic year!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Thanks so much for stopping by! I want to mention real quick to stop by The Alley Way Stamp blog, its their 3rd birthday and they have lots of giveaway's and a coupon good this month!!



Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Paper Smooches - Smarty Pants
Journal Card & Alphas - Basic Grey - Waterfall Theme Pack
Distress Markers & Paper clip - Tim Holtz

5 comments:

  1. Great card! Love that patterned paper you created with the stamped images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck to the weather; hope those temperatures are short-lived so your ventures outside won't require oodles of layers and frostbite nibbling at noses and fingers! Wool...lots of wool! Your card is fabulous, with its encouraging message and adorable images, that are wonderfully coloured! You're working magic with your distress markers! Hope your goal of program acceptance comes to fruition; whatever area of specialty you're exploring, I know you'll be a success!! Keep us posted in that realm when you find out news! Great post and a day-brightening card!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of creating my own pattern paper and i love how you used yours on this card. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Smooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gooood luck with your school work/application/etc!

    Super fun card--- love the alphas with the bottom design/your own stamped background! FAB x100000! THANKS so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:) Hope you join in the fun again this week (Picture Perfect)!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate the up & down in temperatures too - we've gone from -30s C to +8 C, and it's going to be warm & rainy all week. All that melt so quickly means my basement's got water & my yard is completely under water....grrrr....
    I love the fun label layout - and that paper clip!

    ReplyDelete