Achievements

March 25, 2014

Papertrey Ink March 2014 Blog Hop

Hi!

This is my second post today, click here or scroll down for my TAWS post.

I'm sharing a card i made for PTI's March 2014 Blog Hop. The challenge is high gloss and to get my high gloss i used transparent embossing paste and a stencil. I am also entering this into Moxie Fab World Styling with Stencils Challenge.


I started with a white card base and placed a stripe stencil over it. I adhered it temporally down with washi tape. Then i used various PTI inks and a dauber to ink in the stripes. I use ROYGBV with Kraft ink in the middle.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Once the ink was done, i used transparent embossing paste over the stripes. It goes on milky white, but it dries clear and glossy! After it was dry i wrapped some chunky twine around my card base close to the top. I tied the ends into a bow.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Next i die cut and stamped the triangles, arranging them on my card in ROYGBV. I added them to my card with foam dots along with more twine to make it look like they are hanging from the twine.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I decided to not add a sentiment, since i couldn;t really stamp on the glossy stripes and i didn;t want to hide the stripes with some other element. So i went with out, i will probably add a sentiment on the inside when i need to send the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Heart to Heart #5
Stencil: Heidi Swapp
Paste: Dreamweaver - Transluctant
Various PTI inks

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous card!!! Love the background1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes, the shine is just gorgeous, Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really really pretty, an explosion of shiny COLOR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - no sentiment needed and could be used for so many occassions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fabulous! I have some transparent embossing paste -- but I haven't used it yet. I didn't realize it dried glossy! So perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. shiny rainbows and bunting - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one absolutely gorgeous background- your hard work really turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, Dana! Rainbow, stripes, and flags! Oh, and gloss! What more could any card want?! I have avoided the whole stencil thing (still too many techniques on my list to try!), but I do really love how you were able to get your stripes so nice and glassy with it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is 100% ADORABLE!! Love the colours and shine and cute little banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, now I have to get some of that embossing paste. I LOVE it and had no idea it looked like this. This card is STUNNING!! I LOVE everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. STUNNING, Dana! Your versatile style and flair have, again, revealed themselves with this amazing way of showcasing 'gloss'! Pretty to the nth degree!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forgot all about that paste. I think I might have some! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just stunning! Wow, so glad I found your blog. Thanks for hopping by mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. just adorable, luv the design and use of the rainbow colors....awesome!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  15. With the multiple colors and textures, this card just vibrates with life. It's a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! I love the rainbow of color you created and the banners are absolutely perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How clever is your stripe idea, LOVING it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a striking, fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete