Achievements

April 13, 2014

You Make Me Smile

Hey!

Sharing a card that i made using embossing paste and embossing powder! (i know i'm kind of addicted to it!!) The card has a nice gold theme to it, which is popular right now! Though personally i only wear silver, i don't really like gold... but on my cards it looks good!!

I just did a video on how i did the background, you can click here to see it (there just might be a giveaway too but you have to hurry, it ends tonight!!) I'm not going to go into the background detail since the video covers it!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Next i stamped the bird on watercolor paper and colored her (has to be a her with those eyelashes!!) with an opaque gold marker (also used in the video). I cut her out and added her to a strip of Kraft card stock with foam dots.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I stamped the sentiment You Make Me Smile on the kraft panel. I added a small strip of black card stock to the kraft, then added it to my embossed card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: They Alley Way Stamps - Birds of a Feather, Speak Easy
Embossing Paste: Dreamweaver
Stencil: DCWV
Embossing Powder: Stampendous


2 comments:

  1. I love that bird's face! Such a cool background :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Dana - and the gold certainly works wonderfully! another 'technique' I need to try - embossing paste. It's on my list! Your bird: she's a doll (and yes, those eye-lashes are darling!)
    c

    ReplyDelete