Achievements

July 28, 2014

Sending Birthday Wishes

Hi!

I hope every one's weekend was fabulous!! I was really ready for the weekend, the week before was really hard for me. I learned that i did not make in into a Bachelor program at a somewhat local university. I am very disappointed to say the least! I'm not sure what i will be doing going forward. I will be talking to an advisor and am looking at a certificate program that i might do while i wait for year to go by when i can re-apply.... Its really up in the air right now and i still have a week and a day to go before the end of the semester.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Papertrey Ink

So enough of that depressing stuff, on to a card!!! I made this way back when and the card been sitting on my desk for awhile and the photos have been ready, figured today is good as any to share it with you!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Papertrey Ink

At one time i had cut a row of butterflies out of white card stock, the butterflies went on one project and  decided to keep the negatives to use down the road. I think i cut 6 butterflies, but i trimmed off 3 for my card. I covered the white card stock by adding a few colors of distress inks.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Papertrey Ink

Next i covered a piece of paper with some printed washi tape and then adhered the butterfly panel over it. I adhered this on a white card base. Then i die cut a tag, stamped  and stamped the sentiment. I also found a gem that matched the ink i used and added it to my tag. The tag when on the card with foam dots!

That's it today! Stop by tomorrow for my project for The Alley Way Stamps sneak peek!!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: PTI - Wild Flower Garden
Die: PTI - Butterflies, Reverse Confetti - Tag Me
Washi Tape: Tim Holtz
Ink: Distress Ink - Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap, Tea Dye

5 comments:

  1. I really like this card. It's very striking, and even though butterflies are girly, I think you could use it for a guy because of the colors. So sorry to hear about that program, Dana! Hang in there, I am sure that things will work out. Hope that you have a really good talk with your advisor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs* I'm so sorry to hear about the program Dana. I hope that you'll find a positive way forward soon.

    This card is awesome and I love the different patterns on each butterfly! It also fits very nicely with my challenge this week, if you feel like linking it up I'd love to have you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It never feels like things happen for a reason while they are happening. I can just imagine how disappointed you are, especially since you've been working your butt off! Huge hugs, and I hope that something unexpectedly wonderful crops up!
    (and your card? GORGEOUS! And I want to case it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *mega hugs* coming your way, Dana! I know this news is disappointing, but I'll echo what Jessi and the others have said: something even better will emerge from this, even though you don't know what it is this very minute! My brother, years ago, tried desperately to enter into medicine, but no luck. He wound up going into a Master's program, which he ended up loving! As an Exercise Physiologist, some pretty amazing doors have opened for him (including meeting my sister-in-law and being dad to those two little ones who are the highlights of our lives!). I'll send prayers and 'positive vibes' that your path for moving forward will be revealed to you! Hugs galore! Oh wait...your card: awesome!!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Dana. I know that disappointed feeling but this just means there's bigger plans for you! Sending hugs to ya. Keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete