Achievements

February 21, 2015

Happy Birthday

Hello!

Today i'm sharing a card i made for Penny Black's Simplicity Challenge! This card was inspired by Mayuri card here. I also tried a new technique i learned from the Online Card Class, but it didn;t work quite how i wanted it to!

One of the many techniques in the class was to make a stamped faux tile, only my attempt dosne;t really look like a tile. I think i need to get the super thick embossing powder!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black
I don't have any art inchies that were used for this technique, so i made my own from some thin chip board (think cereal box) and white card stick. I used a  rectangle die to cut each piece, then adhered them together. Then i covered the rectangle with a post it note

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black

Next i used Penny Black's Field of Dreams poppy flower die, i placed over my rectangle and ran it through my Big Shot once. It cut through the post it note and card stock but not the chip board. I learned that a die that more solid shape would be best as i had a little trouble with the steam, but it worked out in the end.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black
I carefully pealed the background post it note, leaving the post it note over the flowers. With a couple distress inks, i added blue ink to the background. When that was done, pealed the flower post it notes off and colored the flowers and stems with Copic markers.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black

Next i added several layers of clear embossing powder to the rectangle. I think i did four layers, but i still didn;t get a dome or at least a smooth finish over the flower, so it dosent; really look like a tile. But i still like it!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black

I added the rectangle to a white card base and stamped the sentiment below it. Last i used a butterfly punch to add black butterflies.

Thanks so much for stopping by!! (stay warm!!)

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Penny Black - Special Wishes
Copic Markers
Die: Penny Black - Field of Dreams. Lawn Fawn- Stitched Rectangles
Punch: Martha Stewart

5 comments:

  1. This is totally stunning! Even if it didn't turn out quite like you intended it's absolutely a masterpiece! I ran out of the UTEE a while back and find I usually need 6-7 layers of regular EP to get the same effect as a few coats of UTEE :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Toledo, Dana, that looks like a tile to me! But tile or not, wow, it is so unique and really breathtaking in every way!! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever the technique was supposed to look like, yours is just amazing! I love the look you got from the impression and embossing, it's so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this looks, love the super saturated reds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure how I missed this! lol But it is GORGEOUS! Love it!

    ReplyDelete