Achievements

July 22, 2015

Hello!!

I'm on the Art Imperssions blog today sharing a summer themed card! One thing i like about summer is being able to use the grill! It sure beats heating up the house with the oven and i get some tasty food to eat!! Today's card is a nice summer themed card to send to your significant other just because! 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps
I started by stamping the BBQ Couple on watercolor paper and then colored them with Distress Markers, water and a paint brush. Fussy cut them out, then went through my pattern paper stash to find some paper to pair them with.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

I settled on a three different patterns, when i mix pattern papers i keep in mind the rule of three, stay with three patterns. This is not to say you couldn;t use 4 patterns! I also like to vary the size of the patterns.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps
I cut a rectangle from some wood grain paper and roughed up the edges a little. Then i added the cooking couple to the rectangle with foam tape. I used some green pattern paper as a background and added it to a white card base. Then i cut a small piece of an orange pattern and added it behind the wood grain. I also added a strip of white at the bottom of the wood grain and stamped the Still Sizzlin sentiment. Last i added the wood grain panel to my card base. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps
Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Dana

1 comment: