Achievements

September 3, 2015

Wish Big

Hello!

This is my second post today, you can click here for my Art Impressions post. I'll be back later today with another post too!!

I'm on The Alley Way Stamps blog today sharing a card i made with a stamp set from the new September release!! Party Pooper is this months Free with a $40 purchase stamp set!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps
I started by stamping the cute little kitty and balloon on some water color paper. I colored them up with distress markers and some water. Then i fussy cut the cat out and set it aside to work on the background.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps


For the background i added a Chevron stencil over a white card base. With the fine tip end of the distress markers used on the balloon i colored in the chevrons.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

Next i added some Wink of Stella to the balloon, then i turned it over and added some foam tape to the back. Apparently the Wink of Stella wasn;t dry and reactivates the distress marker. I got some of it on the my card base (of course!). To hide it, or make it blend in better, i scribbled some of the marker on a clear block and then added some water with a paint brush. Then i flicked some of the ink over the card base.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps
I added the kitty to my card, then used the Wish Big sentiment from Livin' Fossil stamp set.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana



2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet kitty! I love how you made the chevrons, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sketchy lines in the stencil!

    ReplyDelete