Achievements

August 29, 2016

Poppy Stamps Shaker Card

Hello!

This is my second card today! You can find my Crafter's Companion card here.

Today is the last day to enter Poppy Stamps Shake It Up Challenge and I am just making it in before it closes!! I made this last week and thought oh I have all the time in the world before the end of the month.... well it is now the end of the month!! LOL!!



I am also entering this in Darnell's NBUS (Never Been Used) Challenge #7! I got this Poppy Stamp set Ewe Are The Best many, many months ago and when I saw the shaker challenge earlier this month I decided it was time to use it!!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Poppy Stamps
To start I picked out some pattern paper and I used a Simon Say Stays Frames Die to cut some green and purple pattern paper. From the green paper, I cut out the lamb body twice. To make sure I had the placement right I first added the green panel to the center of a white card base and used washi tape to hold the dies in the right spot. After die cutting the bodies I stamped the Ewe Are The Best on the green panel.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Poppy Stamps

I also die cut the heads and legs from Kraft card stock and then stamped the matching heads. I also stamped the heads on white card stock, fussy cut out the hair and adhered them to the Kraft heads.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Poppy Stamps

To assemble the shaker I adhered some acetate to the back of the green panel and then added foam tape around each of the bodies. Then I added a few sequins to the card and with some more foam tape around the rest of the panel I added it to the card base.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Poppy Stamps
I added the purple border around the green panel directly to the card base and then last I die cut a tiny heart and added it above one of the lambs.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Poppy Stamps - Ewe Are The Best
Dies: Poppy Stamps - Ewe Are The Best. Simon Says Stamp - Frames
Pattern Paper: Echo Park Paper - Homegrown
Sequins: Darcies - Iridescent White. Neat & Tangled - Christmas Mix

6 comments:

  1. Ewe are awesome, Dana! Clever, clever, clever! Love those shaker sheep!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and creative way to use those sheep! Thanks for joining us at Poppystamps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEK! This is the coolest! How fun! So very clever and creative ! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You picked a perfect PP for ewes card, Dana! It's really a super fun shaker card!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute using those sheep as shakers..love this fun card.
    Thanks for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete