Achievements

March 1, 2017

Stenciling Over Pattern Paper with Art Impressions

Hi!!

I'm on the Art Impressions blog today with a card featuring the new Nuts About You clear stamp set. Don't put away your valentine stamp sets, love happens all year long!! This set has a few sentiments that would be great for someone you love or even a great friend!! 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
I started by cutting some pattern paper with a stitched rectangle, then I placed the Tiny Heart Stencil by Simon Says Stamp over the panel. With some dye ink that matched I inked the tiny hearts, then removed the stencil and inked around the edge. From the same paper pad, I die cut some clouds from a white pattern paper and edged them lightly with the same ink I used for the tiny hearts.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Next, I stamped the image with the two squirrels and using my Spectrum Noir Markers and Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers to color them! I used: (SN) EB1, EB2, EB5, EB6, GB8. (SNI) AP1, AP3, CR11. When I was done coloring them, I fussy cut them out and then used a black marker to color the edges.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

I added the stenciled panel to a white background and figured that my squirrels needed a ground to lift off from so I hand cut a wave from some Kraft card stock. There was some overhand on the three sides that I just trimmed off. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
Then I added the squirrels and clouds with foam tape, trimming off the overhand of the clouds. Last I stamped the sentiment and trimmed it to a basic rectangle and added it to the bottom left of the card with foam tape.

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Art Impressions - Nuts About You
Pattern paper: Pebbles - Garden Party
Spectrum Noir Markers
Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers
Stencil: Simon Says Stamp - Tiny Hearts
Ink: Papertrey Ink - Melon Berry
Dies: Papertrey Ink - Clouds 1 & 2, Lawn Fawn - Stitched Rectangle

2 comments: