Achievements

November 15, 2017

Coloring With Hero Arts Ink

Hello!

I'm on the Art Impressions blog today with cards featuring some no line coloring using the Long Horn set and the Armadillos Set. Originally I was going to use my Distress Markers to color the images, but as I was deciding what ink to use with my no line coloring picked out some Hero Arts ink and used them to color the images.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
Since the Hero Art inks are a dye ink I thought they would act similar to other dye inks. But this was not the case. Coloring with the ink was a bit of challenge, it dried quickly and didn't spread as easily, but I made it worked and I really liked how it turned out!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
I stamped both images on watercolor cardstock with Hero Arts Cup of Joe after stamping it off first. Then I used the following Hero Arts inks to color the images: Cup of Joe, Butter Bar, Soft Apricot, Fresh Peach, Green Hills. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

With a stitched rectangle I cut out each image and then used Frayed Burlap Distress Ink to ink up each pannels, even over the images a little bit. This made the cardstock a little less white. I picked out some western-esk pattern paper and inked the edges with the Frayed Burlap. From my stash, I found some denim fabric tape and added it to each panel. 
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
With Papertrey Ink's Classic Kraft (stamped twice) I stamped the sentiment on each panel. I also found some wood embellishments and I added them and the colored images to each panel. last I adhered each panel to a white card base.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Thanks so much for stopping by!! 

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Art Impressions - Long Horn and Armadillo Sets
Ink: Hero Arts - Cup O' Joe, Butter Bar, Soft Apricot, Fresh Peach, Green Hills. Distress Ink: Frayed Burlap. Papertrey Ink - Classic Kraft
Die: Ginia Marie Designs - Stitched Rectangles
Pattern Paper: Crate Paper - Cool Kid

1 comment:

  1. The no line coloring is wonderful! I really love how these turned out!

    ReplyDelete